Monday, October 8, 2012

I'm Back

What's up y'all?

For those of you who are familiar with my writing and research I want to thank you for your support and encouragement through the years.  Yet The past couple of years have been vey difficult, yet very fruitful and productive. I am grateful that God has continued to give me favor to grow in ministry and in my personal walk with Him. And that's exactly what this blog is about...growing.

For those of you who don't know me, I hope that you will journey with me as we explore the different aspects of personal and spiritual growth.  A great deal of my pastoral experience, my writing, and graduate research has centered on the process of growing towards God.  I used to blog quite a bit on myspace (don't laugh).  But then everyone left...and so I stopped posting.  Yet I never stopped writing.

My first book (2009), My Savior and My Lord, explores the process of Sanctification (growing in Christ) centering specifically on the relationship between law and grace and how we make sense of the two.

My second book (2009), 360º Christian, is actually an adaptation of my masters thesis on spiritual mentoring-helping people to grow in Christ. It was written in 2009, but it was released earlier this year.

My newest book (2012), Training Days, is a fictional story based on the book of proverbs about a young man who is at a significant crossroads in the growth process.

And just recently the church where I serve produced a documentary called "Good Grief" about growth and the grieving process (specifically after traumatic experiences).

Check them out when you can.  Nevertheless, in this blog I want to continue to seek for understanding about growth and the grace of God that empowers us to do so.   

So thanks for joining me.  I know we each will be blessed by this journey.  I mean it is indeed a journey, so we might as well have traveling partners.  So let's journey together.

Let's grow together!

No comments:

Post a Comment